CHICO, Calif. - Butte County officials confirmed a 6th case of the measles this weekend. We spoke with officials on how they track the disease.
The person infected by measles was at the Tinseltown theater on East Avenue in Chico last Sunday, as well as the Chipotle on Mangrove Avenue.
Butte County Public Health Officer, Andy Miller said basically all the investigative disease department can do is ask the infected people where they were.
"In truth some people who don't believe in vaccines and who get sick in situations like this don't like the medical establishment and in all honesty they've kind of been trained through their groups to say to not tell the truth to say I've been immunized just so people will leave them alone and we've had that happen in this case," Miller said.
- 6th case of the measles confirmed
- Measles case confirmed at Chico State
- Measles case confirmed in Shasta County
- 1 measles case confirmed in Glenn County
- Butte County Measles Cases
- Measles outbreak: Cases confirmed in Butte, Shasta counties
- Measles outbreak: 2 more cases confirmed in Butte County
- Shasta County health officials confirm measles case in infant
- Now 7 confirmed measles cases in Butte County
- Three new measles cases confirmed in Butte County