BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - California's Employment Training Panel has approved a contract with Butte Community College for nearly $600,000.
The program will train more than 600 workers on hazardous debris cleanup and emergency response following the Camp Fire.
More than 18,000 structures burned in the fire and state officials say this training can help workers get jobs now and on future fire recovery projects.
The training will happen at Butte College's Workforce Development Center in Chico providing training and certification.
- $600K job training grant awarded to Butte College
- Butte College Grants Help pay for Textbooks
- Butte College Welding Program
- Butte County Public Health Awarded $40,000 Bike Safety Grant
- Butte County receives child passenger safety grant
- 300 New Jobs Available in Butte County
- Butte County to Host Job Fair Tuesday
- UPDATE: Missing Butte College student FOUND
- Butte College Establishes Cosmetology Center in Chico
- Butte College Zero Textbook Cost Program