Photo Gallery 6 Images
CHICO, Calif. - Butte County Sheriff's Office arrested 6 people for a carjacking and stabbing.
18-year-old Lewayne Wyman stabbed a man on Miller Ave. and robbed the man of his car and money on Friday, Oct. 11, according to the detectives.
Deputies contacted the 21-year-old man in the area of Miller Ave. The victim was suffering from a stab wound to the upper abdomen area.
The victim was transported to a local hospital and underwent emergency surgery. After emergency surgery, the victim was admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit. Detectives interviewed the victim and determined he was stabbed, carjacked, and robbed, according to detectives.
The victim is currently in stable condition.
Deputies found Wyman and the stolen car near Stewart Ave. around 1 a.m. the following morning, Oct. 12. Detectives found Renaldo Perez participated in the crime.
Wednesday morning, Oct. 16, Butte County Sheriff's Office served warrants at several homes connected to the men, and arrested four others for child endangerment and drug possesion.
On Oct. 16, authorities searched the following locations in Chico: the 2700 block of White Ave., the 1100 block of Stewart Ave., and the 4000 block of Nord Highway.
During a search of the property and residence on Stewart Ave., numerous items were located to include illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia.
Based on the illegal items located, and the condition of the Stewart Ave. residence, Children’s Services responded and a two-year-old child who resided at the residence was detained.
The following individuals were arrested at the Stewart Avenue residence:
- Gracie Knight of Chico, 18, was arrested for felony child endangerment, maintaining a residence where illegal drugs are sold/used, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Rosa Valdez of Chico, 40, was arrested for possession of heroin, possession of methamphetamine, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Janell Pineda of Chico, 38, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Ean Ranger of Chico, 42, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
- SHERIFF: 6 arrested in connection with carjacking and stabbing investigation
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Three Arrests in Armed Redding Carjacking
- Chico police investigate stabbing
- UPDATE: Two arrests made in connection with downtown Redding stabbing
- 1 arrested in connection to stabbing, robbery in Chico
- Redding police arrest suspect connected to stabbing attack
- Butte County Sheriff Arrests Three in Connection to Multiple Burglaries
- Dutch Bros employee carjacked while working
- Redding police arrest stabbing suspect