OROVILLE, Calif. - Butte County Sheriff's Deputies have arrested six people in connection to a burglary investigation.
This is the result of an investigation into a home burglary that happened on Nov. 19 in Oroville.
Deputies said two of the suspects, 39-year-old Jason Sylva, and 25-year-old Chelsey Sylva, was caught on camera committing the crime. Detectives and Deputies said they were familiar with Jason and Chelsey from previous contacts.
The deputies obtained a search warrant for their home on La Cresenta Drive in Oroville. Investigators found numerous items that had been stolen including meth.
Jason admitted to participating in the Nov. 19 burglary. The following individuals were arrested on Dec. 4 during the search warrant:
- Jason Sylva of Oroville, age 39 was arrested for residential burglary.
- Chelsey Sylva of Oroville, age 25 was arrested for residential burglary.
- Britney Flores of Oroville, age 32, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine.
- Joshua Scarbrough of Oroville, age 35 was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and an arrest warrant.
- Joshua Payan of Durham, age 30 was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, and for a violation of probation.
- Chelsie Oleary of Oroville, age 34 was arrested for an arrest warrant.
Detectives said it's possible Jason and Chelsey were involved in other burglaries. Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to contact Detective Joe Hooks at 530-538-7671.