Chico, Calif. - The Lyme Center of Chico is hosting its 5th Annual "Lyme Aid" Fundraiser on Friday, May 4th at the Chico Women's Club, located at the corner of East 3rd and Pine Streets. The event runs from 6 - 9 p.m.
The benefit features live music from Steve Cook and Diane Garner, with headliner Joe Hammons. There will also be live and silent auctions, a raffle, and appetizers and beverages for sale. There will be plenty of information available about Lyme Disease as well. The cost is just a $10 donation at the door.
May is International Lyme Disease Awareness Month. The event provides the opportunity to learn more about the symptoms of Lyme Disease, where to get tested for it, and services like a monthly support group offered through the center, which is an all-volunteer non-profit.
What is Lyme Disease? According to the Lyme Center Website, it's a spirochete (“SPY-ROH- KEET”) infection transmitted by an infected tick.
What are the symptoms?
Lyme Disease can affect all organs of the body
plus numerous other symptoms
Lyme Disease can be easily misdiagnosed and is not easy to treat. To find out more about the disease and Lyme Aid visit The Lyme Center Website or call (530) 877-6666.
- 5th Annual "Lyme Aid" is set for Friday
- 5th Annual Bella Vista Farms Fundraiser
- 5th Annual Backpack Drive Kicks off at Chico Mall
- North State Women's Health Network holds 5th annual celebration Saturday
- Saturday January 5th Weathercast
- Annual Butterfly Count is Friday
- Yuba City 5th Street Bridge closure
- Yuba City 5th Street Bridge Sidewalk Closure
- Nor Cal Jazz Festival Marks 5th Year
- California June 5th Primary Election Links