CHICO, Calif. - Summer just started and school may not be on a lot of people's minds, but at the Chico Mall, they're already thinking about making sure kids in Chico have what they need to make the most of their education.
This is the malls' fifth backpack drive, last year the mall received 122 backpacks and they’re aiming to beat that number this year.
Organizers say you can drop off backpacks in donation boxes those are found in front of Schubert’s Ice Cream, the Coast Board Shop, GNC and JcPenny.
“It is unfortunate there are some families that just can’t afford to buy all the supplies that they need. So Chico Mall started this program partnering with the mix broadcasting station and it has just grown from there,” said Lynette Myers, marketing manager for Chico Mall.
The mall also features fun and free events for the kids every Saturday beginning July 14.
You can drop those backpacks off until August 16.
- 5th Annual Backpack Drive Kicks off at Chico Mall
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Chico Mall Hosts Annual Back to School Supply Drive
- 5th Annual Bella Vista Farms Fundraiser
- Annual Battle of the Badges Blood Drive kicked off
- CHP Kicks off Annual Chips for Kids Toy Drives
- Chico Mall Gets New Owner
- Annual Chico Kite Day
- Mall-goers, businesses react to changes at the Chico Mall
- Halloween events coming to the Chico Mall