REDDING, Calif - The Redding Police Department is investigating a home burglary of a retired Redding Police Officer which left a retired K9 officer poisoned on Wednesday.
According to RPD, officers responded to the 1700 block of Trumpet Dr. in Redding Wednesday afternoon and police believe the burglary suspect(s) poisoned the canine.
The burglar(s) broke into the home and stole numerous firearms that were safely secured inside the residence, according to RPD.
The homeowners discovered the burglary had happened after they noticed their retired K9 was acting sick, it prompted the residents to rush the K9 to a local hospital.
As of Wednesday, the K9 is currently being treated at the veterinary hospital.
Police are not releasing any further information due to the ongoing investigation.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call RPD at (530)-225-4200.
A Secret Witness Reward is being offered for up to $5,000 leading to the arrest of the suspect(s).
- $5K reward offered after retired K9 was poisoned at Redding home burglary
- Retired police K9 poisoned after thieves break into owner’s home
- Hit-and-Run Suspect Sought by Redding PD, Reward Offered
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Redding K9 Finds Suspect in Doghouse
- Red Bluff PD K9 receives body armor
- Redding CHP K9 Team Now Trained & Ready
- Suspects Arrested in Redding Police K-9 Poisoning
- REWARD for Lakehead Home Invasion Robbery Suspect
- $10K reward offered for info in 2014 murder of Red Bluff woman