CHICO, Calif. - Making a person's final days more comfortable, hundreds of runners and walkers hit Bidwell Park on Sunday to raise awareness and money for hospice care.
It was all part of the fourth annual “Celebration of Life 5K Walk and Run.”
The event first started as a high school senior project but it has grown into a much bigger project.
"End of life care is so difficult and for family members that are struggling with caring for loved ones, not having the experience, not having the professionals there to help, would be almost impossible,” said Danny On, a medical director.
The money raised on Sunday gets distributed evenly between the Feather River Hospital, Enloe Medical Center and Butte Hospice and Palliative Care.
Last year each program received $3,600.
Organizers said the walk is held the first Sunday in May every year and registration for next year's run will be opening soon.
Follow @newsfromjafet on Twitter
- '5K Walk and Run' Shows Light of Hospice Care
- Community celebrates National Poppy Day with annual walk, 5K run
- Feather River Hospice Light Up A Life is Thursday
- Veteran's Day 5K Hoorah
- Chico Running Club Hosts New Year's Day 5K
- Christmas light show for ‘Make-A-Wish’
- Butte Home Health & Hospice Offers "5 Wishes" Presentation
- Butte Home Health & Hospice offers free 5 Wishes Presentation
- Salvation Army Chico hosts 5K race
- Yuba City road closures for 5K