President Donald Trump is giving most federal workers the gift of an extra day off this holiday season.
The President issued an executive order Tuesday ordering that all executive departments and federal agencies close on Tuesday, December 24 in honor of Christmas Eve.
The holidays for federal employees include Christmas Day, but not Christmas Eve.
Certain employees, or 'emergency employees,' will have to work that day 'for reasons of national security, defense, or other public need.'
News of an extra day off comes after Congress recently approved 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all federal employees for the first time in American history. The legislation heads to Trump's desk for his signature.
- Trump gives most federal workers the day off on Christmas Eve
- Teenage burglars caught on Christmas Eve
- Woman injured after Christmas Eve shooting
- Rain for Christmas Eve with mountain snow
- AAA Offering "Tipsy Tow" on Christmas Eve
- Stuff the Sleigh Toy Drive accepting donations through Christmas Eve
- Oroville Rescue Mission to host Christmas Eve community dinner
- CHP to start Maximum Enforcement Period on Christmas Eve
- New Year's Eve Trivia
- Festive New Year's Eve cocktail