UPDATE 2:40 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13 - Over the past month, detectives have conducted additional interviews following a child endangerment investigation.
Detectives said 24-year-old Eric Becerril was having unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor victim. Becerril was arrested on Dec. 11, however, the Butte County Sheriff's Office said additional charges have been added.
Detectives booked Becerill on three additional felony counts of having unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor victim, on Jan. 9.
The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with additional information about Becerril to contact Detective Brian Mollath at 530-538-7671.
OROVILLE, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrested three people in connection to a Child Endangerment investigation. They said on Saturday, Dec. 8 deputies responded to a call for service in the 4400 block of VC Road in Oroville.
When they got there deputies said they found two girls under the influence of heroin and took them to the hospital. Once the hospital cleared them deputies turned them over to Butte County Children's Services.
During the investigation, detectives said they determined 24-year-old Eric Becerril had been allowing the girls to stay at his home and let them use heroin.
Monday, Dec. 11, officers arrested Becerril, his mother Anna Valles, and Edward Silvera. Detectives said they found heroin, needles and other drug paraphernalia. They also found two juveniles. They turned one over to BCCS and the other to her mother.
Becerril faces charges of maintaining a residence where narcotics are used/sold, possession of heroin, possession of narcotics paraphernalia, and an arrest warrant.
Valles was arrested for felony child endangerment and for a felony charge of maintaining a residence where narcotics are used/sold. Silvera was arrested for an arrest warrant, for providing a false name to a peace officer, and for possession of narcotics paraphernalia.
This investigation is ongoing. The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with additional information about Becerril to contact Detective Brian Mollath at 530-538-7671.
- Deputies arrest three people after finding two girls high on heroin
- Chico police DUI arrest leads to heroin arrest
- Deputies arrest Berry Creek woman after finding manufactured explosives & guns
- Police: Redding man arrested after traffic stop reveals meth, heroin
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Deputies say nearly six pounds of heroin found during Shasta Co. traffic stop
- Humboldt County agencies bust heroin distribution ring
- Man arrested in Jones Valley after Deputy finds sawed-off shotgun
- Former deputy arrested on illegal weapons charges
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect