CHICO, Calif. - Shoppers are eager for Black Friday deals and people were lining up on Thursday morning to get the deals they want.
The line at Best Buy began around 11 a.m. on Thanksgiving morning with most stores in Chico not opening until later in the afternoon.
Cesar Vargas was the first to line up at Best Buy, hours before it opened. He and his family celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, so they could go shopping today.
"I'm waiting in line to get a tv, to make sure I get that tv, and a PS4 and some controllers," said Vargas.
"I'm in line to get the 70-inch tv, the Samsung, I'm pretty excited to get the 70-inch, the biggest tv I've ever had," said shopper Christian Orozco.
Others said they were excited to go out and shop but planned to wait until after they were done eating their big meal.
Stores like Best Buy and Wal-Mart have extended hours on Thursday and are opening back up early Friday morning.
Best Buy opened its doors at 5 p.m. and will remain open until 1 a.m. Wal-Mart and the Chico mall will be open until midnight.
- Black Friday shoppers begin early
- Black Friday gets an early kick off
- Local retailers prep for an early Black Friday
- Butte County Black Friday Deals
- Shoppers brawling over discount Nutella
- Mild & dry for your Black Friday forecast
- Black Friday glitches across the nation
- Black Bear Sighted in South Chico Early Sunday Morning
- Lines were long on Black Friday for Chico Christmas trees
- More than 200,000 background checks for guns on black Friday