Hurricanes are usually known for their destruction, but for one family in DeLand, Florida, Hurricane Dorian brought a new life.
Kay Lisa McCloud and Anthony Davis welcomed their new baby boy into the world on September 2 at AdventHealth DeLand, just as Hurricane Dorian set its sights on the Florida coast.
He arrived 12 days early and weighed in at 4 pounds and 8 ounces, according to the hospital.
"I was hoping he would wait until after the hurricane!" McCloud said in a statement. "This is a storm I definitely won't forget."
And so in honor of his untimely arrival during the storm, they decided to name him Tadashi Dorian Davis -- a storm they'll always remember.
The new family of three returned home Wednesday to a home that was undamaged, dry, and its electricity intact.
- There was a baby born during the hurricane so his parents named him Dorian
- Rare red baby panda born in Australia
- First Shasta County Babies Born in 2019
- First baby of 2018 born at Redding's Mercy Medical Center
- Rare baby white lion born at Mexico zoo
- First Butte County Baby of 2019 Born in Chico
- Baby gorilla born at Los Angeles Zoo is a girl
- Most Popular Baby Names for 2018
- Woman Names Baby After Camp Fire Hero