Flowers Foods is recalling hamburger and hot dog rolls and buns because of a potential choking hazard from small pieces of hard plastic, the Georgia-based company said in a statement.
The company found small pieces of the hard plastic inside production equipment, though there haven't been any illness or injuries reported.
Some of the products were sold under the brand names of 7-Eleven, Great Value, Food Depot, Market Pantry, Natural Grain, Nature's Own, Publix and Wonder.
The recalled items were distributed in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Flowers Foods says that consumers with any of these products should immediately throw them out or return them to the point of purchase for a full refund.
- Check your pantry: Several brands of buns and rolls are recalled because of a choking hazard
- Disney is recalling a 'Toy Story 4' toy because it could be a choking hazard
- Apple recalls some MacBook Pro laptops due to fire hazard
- Hazardous material cleanup begins
- Millions of Contigo water bottles recalled because of the risk kids will choke on detachable spout
- CSUC food pantry receives 80k from grant
- Caught On Cam: Teacher Choke-Slams Student
- Avoiding Fire Hazards on the Roadways
- Hazards when clearing up homeless camps
- Clothing brand unveils 'Extreme Cut Out' jeans