GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - A traffic collision occurred in an unincorporated area of Glenn County Wednesday morning that caused major injuries for a 14-year-old passenger. Also, a 17-year-old and a 50 -year-old received minor injuries due to the collision.
16-year-old Blaine Owens from Hamilton City was the driver of a 2007 Ford Mustang that he was driving northbound on County Road V at approximately 7:15 a.m. on Wednesday.
Officers from the California Highway Patrol (CHP) told Action News Now that the driver of the Mustang was heading north on County Road V and stopped at a stop sign at County Road 39 before pulling in front of an oncoming BMW.
The CHP said 17-year-old Caterina Flores of Durham was driving the 2008 BMW westbound on County Road 39. Officers say Flores applied her brakes when approaching the intersection and turned right to avoid thecollision.
The front of the BMW collided into the right side of the Mustang. The Mustang came to rest in an irrigation ditch off the northwest side of the intersection, and the BMW came to rest off the west should of County Road V just to the north of County Road 39.
Blaine Owens, the 16-year-old driver of the Mustang, did not appear to have any injuries.
His passenger, 14-year-old Austin Owens of Hamiston City, suffered major injuries to his right shoulder and was taken to a local hospital.
The 17-year-old driver of the BMW, Caterina Flores of Durham, suffered injuries to her nose, left clavicle (collarbone) and neck area. Her passenger, 50-year-old Durham resident Rosalia Flores, had abrasions to her right clavicle (collarbone) and neck area.
According to the CHP alcohol or drugs were not a factor in this collision.
- Teen drivers involved in Glenn Co. collision that caused major injury to 14-year-old
- Suspected DUI driver speeds, crashes, gets major injuries
- Early morning semi truck collision blocks I-5 and leaves one person with major injuries
- Glenn County Election Results
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Glenn County Fair Preps
- Two Highway Collisions in Redding Cause Delays
- Fatal crash involving texting driver
- Traffic alert: Road work causes delays in Glenn County
- Authorities see major spike in collisions on Highway 99