BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - A contractor is leasing the Tuscan Ridge Golf Course to house Camp Fire workers.
The Ecc Constructors LCC is contracted under CalRecycle.
Crews are building a camp to house 1,500 workers tasked with debris cleanup.
Right now, workers must travel to and from the area because there is no housing available.
There will be 390 trailers with kitchen, laundry and recreation.
The lease is for the next nine months.
- Tuscan Ridge Golf Course to house 1,500 Camp Fire workers
- Tuscan Ridge Golf Club property up for sale
- Ribs for the Ridge to benefit Camp Fire Recovery
- Ribs for the Ridge raised thousands for Camp Fire survivors
- New trees planted on Concow Ridge for Camp Fire mitigation
- New business opens on the ridge after Camp Fire
- 1,500 Homeless Kids Attend Butte County Schools
- 'Rock the Ridge' rocks Chico
- Water progress on the ridge
- Camp Fire Evacuees Search for Affordable Housing