The Mendocino Sheriff's Office arrested four suspects after a chaotic attempted burglary in Covelo.
On Monday February 19th around 7 A.M. the Sheriff's Office says deputies were sent to a burglary in progress.
The Round Valley Tribal Police Office said that the suspects were said to be firing guns at a house on Henderson Road. They say officers responded to the area and said that they found a man walking down the street while carrying an assault rifle. He was arrested and identified as Lee Joaquin.
Tribal Police officers saw Felix Swearinger and Ambrose Fallis leaving the same area, and suspected their involvement. Sheriff's Deputies arrived and were told by Tribal Police officers that Swearinger reportedly drove to another address and was now leaving in a different car.
Sheriff's Deputies located the car and conducted an investigative stop on the vehicle. Inside they found Swearinger and Sally Arellano. Arellano was found to be in possession of a large amount of suspected methamphetamine, and a handgun that was later discovered to be stolen from another state. Both suspects were arrested.
Deputies later located and arrested Ambrose Fallis. During the detention, Fallis was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia.
Two suspects were already on probation.
All four subjects are now behind bars under multiple charges, including burglary, gun and drug charges.
- Four arrested in Mendocino County for chaotic attempted burglary
- 6 Arrests Made in Mendocino-Complex Fire
- Mendocino Complex Fire Fully Contained
- Three suspects in an attempted burglary arrested in Anderson
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Open Fire Burning near Mendocino National Forrest
- Thousands Evacuate due to Mendocino Fires
- California's Largest Wildfire: The Mendocino Complex
- Utah Firefighter killed while battling Mendocino Complex
- Fallen Firefighter from Mendocino-Complex Fire ID'd