Some users on Instagram are reporting they've lost hundreds of thousands of followers and are following less profiles than they were previously.
Last November, Instagram announced that it will be taking a huge step to eliminate inauthentic followers, likes, and comments on its platform saying "We will begin removing inauthentic likes, follows and comments from accounts that use third-party apps to boost their popularity.".
Many users of the social network took to Twitter around 8 p.m PST Tuesday when they noticed their follower count was inaccurate.
why did I just lose over half a million followers @instagram wyd sis
— James Charles (@jamescharles) February 13, 2019
Instagram playin them games again. Smh how they gunna delete almost 200k of my followers. Smh
— Don Benjamin (@ItsDonBenjamin) February 13, 2019
Anyone else have @instagram unfollow people and I just lost over 14,000 people !?!? How is this possible in a matter of hours
— Dana Brooke WWE (@DanaBrookeWWE) February 13, 2019
Recently, Instagram removed hundreds of accounts involved in the process of buying and selling usernames which is a direct violation of community guidelines that all users agree to when signing up for an account, Instagram said.
After receiving the reports, Instagram posted to Twitter, "We’re aware of an issue that is causing a change in account follower numbers for some people right now. We’re working to resolve this as quickly as possible."
- Instagram users report massive decline in followers
- Report: Massive fire tornado killed California firefighter
- Massive insect decline could have 'catastrophic' environmental impact, study says
- Massive bridge demolition recorded
- Khloe Kardashian confirms pregnancy with Instagram post
- Chico Professional Hacker's Warning for Uber Users
- Jonathan Martin detained by police after Instagram post
- Mother arrested for attempting to sell babies on Instagram
- Massive tree crashed down in Paradise
- Massive Tree Crushes House Killing Two People