TRINITY COUNTY, Calif - Caltrans is undergoing emergency work to prevent rockslides on State Route 299.
Starting Friday at 7 a.m. motorists can expect one-way traffic control with up to 20-minute delays between Helena and Big Bar.
Slide activity in this area has required Caltrans crews to clear more than 500 cubic yards of debris.
Drivers can also expect delays between powerhouse road and Valdor Road, just west of Junction City.
This emergency work will run every day from seven in the morning to six in the evening until the roads are safe.
Caltrans is also recommending that drivers heading through this area stock their vehicles with essentials.
This includes snacks, water, blankets, medical kit, a full tank of gas, and cell phone chargers.
These are just a precaution in case you do find yourself stuck for hours due to a rock or mudslide.
- Road Work on SR 299 to Cause Delays
- Traffic Alerts: Highway 299
- Cohasset Road Work: Expect Delays
- Traffic alert: Construction causes 15-minute delays on Highway 299
- Victim Identified in Highway 299 Fatal Crash
- Victim Identified in Deadly Highway 299 Crash
- Expect delays on Deschutes Road
- Traffic alert: Road work causes delays in Glenn County
- Road repairs from Carr Fire damage on highway 299 are complete
- Reporters Stuck on Hwy 299 as Carr Fire Grows Rapidly