Paradise Police arrested two brothers on New Year's Eve for possessing a stolen shotgun, and threatening someone while armed and intoxicated.
Police received a report of a disturbance on Apple Lane in Paradise around 8:30 P.M.
When officers arrived, they talked to John and David Cox, who said they lived in Shingletown and were camping in the driveway of their mother’s burned property.
The officers found them with numerous open cans and bottles, which police say appeared to be consumed by John and David, who were heavily intoxicated.
While investigating the disturbance, officers learned that John threatened to shoot the nearby homeowner who contacted police. The victim says David forcibly took his cellular phone and flashlight as he was calling 9-1-1 for assistance.
A search was conducted, and officers found six guns in John and David’s cars. A records check revealed that one of the guns had been reported stolen out of Shasta County.
John Cox was arrested for making criminal threats. David Cox was arrested for robbery, possessing stolen guns and property, and obstructing the use of a wireless device. Both are now behind bars in the Butte County Jail.
- Paradise Police Arrest Brothers on New Year's Eve
- New Year's Eve Trivia
- Paradise police arrest DUI suspect
- Paradise Police arrest stabbing suspect
- Festive New Year's Eve cocktail
- New Year's Eve Driving Concerns
- Paradise prowler arrest
- Paradise Police arrest man for multiple warrants
- New Year's Eve fundraiser for Oroville veterans
- New Year's Eve fireworks accident injures two