SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif. - On December 19, 2018, the local Siskiyou Unified Major Investigation Team (SUMIT) made two major drug trafficking arrests in Siskiyou County after concluding a year long undercover operation.
The investigation revealed that suspect Luis Alberto Valerio-Martinez of Tulelake, was not only associated with the drug-trafficking allegations, but also associated with the criminal gang the Norteno's.
Jose Arnulfo Alcala-Garcia of Tulelake was also arrested by SUMIT on suspect of criminal conspiracy and drug trafficking.
The Siskiyou County Sheriff's office says officers seized 2-pounds of methamphetamine, 1-ounce of heroin, and large amounts of prescription pills from both Valerio-Martinez and Alcala-Garcia.
Both suspects were remanded to federal custody and will soon face drug-trafficking charges filed by the Eastern District of the U.S. Attorney’s Office, led by U.S. Attorney MacGregor Scott.
- Task Force Makes Two Major Drug Trafficking Arrests
- Humboldt County Drug Task Force arrest two for using home to sell drugs
- 3 arrested after Humboldt County Drug task Force busts drug house
- Shasta narcotics task force bust an elaborate honey oil operation
- Chico minor recovered in major FBI child trafficking bust
- Chico Police K-9 Sniffs Major Drug Haul
- Coach Arrested for Human Trafficking of Minor
- Camp Fire Business Recovery Task Force Helps More than 300 Businesses Affected by the Camp Fire
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- LA County deputy charged with running drug-trafficking ring