DURHAM, Calif. - The almond blossoms are beautiful this time of year. Hundreds of runners came out to see them in Sunday's Almond Blossom Run.
The 5k race benefits student athletes at Durham Intermediate and Durham High School.
More than 500 runners registered with a $40 fee and ran alongside the beautiful blooming almond orchards.
Almonds are one of the top agriculture products in Butte County, and the blossoms are concentrated throughout the Durham community, especially beautiful along the Midway.
Christy Patterson said the "... almond blossoms are pink and white... It's a great time to see what Durham and the almond blossoms have to offer."
The race hoped to raise $15-20,000 for Durham Intermediate and Durham High School's athletic programs.
- 500 People in Durham for annual Almond Blossom Run
- ICYMI: Almond Board Predicts Record Almond Crop
- Children Injured in Durham Hit and Run
- Almond Bowl Car Giveaway
- Almond Bowl Car Giveaway Friday
- First Ever Redding Cherry Blossom Festival
- Chico High reacts to Almond Bowl victory
- Almond crop numbers expected to be down
- 2018 Nissan Almond Bowl Car Giveaway Underway
- Frost advisory, winter weather threatens almonds