CHICO, Calif. - Power outages on Highway 99 and Southgate Ave. caused backed up traffic and a five-vehicle collision.
Four vehicles came to a complete stop because of backed up traffic due to the traffic light power outage.
A Toyota pickup truck crashed into those four cars, causing the Toyota to flip over into the center divider.
Three cars were totaled, injuries were minor, and nobody was sent to the hospital.
"Please slow down and increase following distance, drivers to have safe following distance when driving by injury collision scenes," Officer Murphy CHP said.
- 5 car collision on Highway 99 and Southgate Ave.
- Highway 99 increased collisions
- Car Catches Fire on Highway 99
- Authorities see major spike in collisions on Highway 99
- Two-vehicle collision on Highway 99 at Neal Road
- CHP identifies 4 involved in 3 car collision on Old Highway 99 in Gerber
- Highway 99 Reopens After Flooding
- Three Car Pileup Slows Down Northbound Highway 99
- Fatal car crash on Highway 99 leaves one dead
- Big-Rig Versus Truck Collision Halts Traffic at Intersection of Highway 99 and Esplanade