SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) - San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo will need season-ending surgery on his injured left knee.
The 49ers said Monday that an MRI confirmed the team's fears that Garoppolo tore his ACL while making a cut late in a loss at Kansas City. The injury deals a serious blow to the 49ers (1-2), who had planned their rebuild around Garoppolo.
Now San Francisco must go through the season with C.J. Beathard at quarterback. The Niners struggled with Beathard last season before the midseason addition of Garoppolo changed their fortunes. San Francisco won the final five games last year after Garoppolo took over as a starter and the team rewarded him with a $137.5 million, five-year contract.
- 49ers Lose QB Jimmy Garoppolo to Season-Ending Knee Injury
- New alternative to surgery for bad knees
- 49ers linebacker jailed on suspicion of domestic assault
- Very pleasant end to the summer season!
- Mount Shasta ski season ends on Easter
- 49ers Invited Paradise Highschool Football Team, Coaches, Cheerleaders to Monday Game
- Shasta County's burn permit season ends on Monday
- Jimmy Dean sausage recalled due to metal contamination
- Olivehurst Shooting Suspect Succumbs to Injuries
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury