UPDATE 1:00 p.m. Monday, Oct. 1, 2018 - Police have not yet identified the person involved in the shooting on Sunday.
However, the shooting has been determined as self-inflicted with the victim in critical condition. The person is receiving mental and physical health treatment, according to Lieutenant Chris Nicodemus of the Oroville Police Department.
OROVILLE, Calif. - A shooting was reported in Oroville Sunday afternoon in the 100 block of Canyon Highlands Drive.
Officers were dispatched to that location at 1:38 p.m., according to dispatch records.
Action News Now reporter Jafet Seratto went to the location and spoke with neighbors, who did not want to be identified.
They told him a person was taken out of the home on a gurney and transported away from the scene by ambulance. They said both Oroville Police and the Butte County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene.
Oroville Police confirmed the dispatch but did not provide any details. The Butte County Sheriff's Office has not responded to Action News Now about their involvement in this incident.
- Sunday Afternoon Shooting Incident Reported in Oroville
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested
- UPDATE: Oroville shooting victim identified
- Father, Son Shooting in Oroville
- Suspect Arrested in Oroville Shooting
- Fatal Hit and Run Reported in Oroville
- Oroville Student Arrested After School Shooting Threat
- Chinese New Year celebrated at historic Oroville Temple Sunday
- Another violent incident reported at Parkview Park in Redding
- Redding man arrested at Blackberry Ln. home after shooting incident