REDDING, Calif. - More than a thousand life jackets were gifted to children in Redding Saturday.
It is all part of Reiner, Slaughter, McCarthy & Frankel law firm's annual Safety First movement to help children in Redding stay safe. They have an office on the Sacramento River on Park Marina Drive.
Law firm partners say they have represented families in the past who have suffered tragedies, and this is their way of helping before disaster strikes. Partners, employess, friends and family members all volunteered to help organize the giveaway. The Shasta County Sheriff's Office and the Coast Guard Auxiliary helped fit the jackets, and answered kids' questions about boating and water safety.
Russ Reiner, one of the firm's partners, said, "It’s our way of giving back, and if we can save some children's lives, this would be fantastic."
If your child did not get one, the law firm says you can always contact them and they will help get your child a jacket.
- Life Jacket Giveaway Means Lives May Be Saved
- 8-Year-Old Awarded for Saving Father's Life
- Marysville PD: 'Catapult EMS saves lives'
- Operation Clear Track: Helping to Save Lives
- 'Full Metal Jacket' sergeant R. Lee Ermey dies at 74
- Butte County Annual Bike Giveaway
- Almond Bowl Car Giveaway Friday
- CHP saves woman’s life on the side of I-5
- Man's life saved by Measure Z funded snow vehicle
- Caught on Cam: Firefighter gives choking puppy Heimlich, saves life