UPDATE: 10:15 a.m. Saturday, June 23, 2018 - A man was arrested in connection to Friday's Clear Creek Rd. fatal shooting.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office reports they have taken over the investigation of the shooting at Clear Creek Rd., approximately one mile west of Highway 273, that caused the death of 37 year old Joseph Jehonathan Gill of Redding.
Motorists reporting the shooting at 6:10 p.m. Friday. Deputies discovered Gill's body in a field north of Clear Creek Rd, and said he had been shot multiple times.
Witnesses identified 49 year old Brady Evan Schumacher of Redding as the man responsible for shooting Gill. Schumacher was arrested Friday night on murder charges, and was booked into the Shasta County jail.
The semiautomatic handgun believed to have been used to shoot Gill has been located by sheriff's deputies.
An autopsy will be performed next week.
If anyone has information concerning this crime, you are asked to contat the Shasta County Sheriff's Office's Major Crimes Unit at (530) 245-6135, or by email at email@example.com.
SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office is investigating a shooting that left one man dead on Friday night.
The shooting happened just after 6 p.m. on Clear Creek Road near Highway 273 just outside the Redding city limits.
Although there appeared to be several witnesses, sheriff's deputies say that they haven't arrested anyone, but they have detained one person for questioning.
Sergeant Kyle Wallace Sheriff's Office said, "One person is deceased. Our Major Crimes Unit is on scene investigating at this point. We don't have much more to release at this point. There is one person of interest but we are still getting information.
The Sheriff's Major Crimes Unit has taken over the investigation and was interviewing several witnesses at the scene.
- Man Arrested for Friday Shooting near Clear Creek Rd. in Shasta Co.
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Shasta County Firefighters Battling "Creek Fire" West of Redding
- Creek Fire in Shasta County: 100 Percent Contained
- Boil Water Advisory Canceled for Clear Creek and Centerville
- Shasta County Deputies Arrest 1 in Montgomery Creek Alleged Burglary, Other Suspect at Large
- Shasta County district attorney clears four separate shooting cases, says they were in self-defense
- Magalia Man Arrested in Shooting
- Shasta Lake Shooting Leaves One Critically Injured
- Second man arrested for Shooting in Chico