UPDATE 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 22, 2018 - This morning at 7:43 a.m. Redding Police received a report about a suspicious device on the walking trail at the Clover Creek Preserve. They responded to Shasta View Dr. and Saturn Skyway to investigate.
They found the suspicious device approximately 100 yarts east of Shasta View Drive, within the Clover Creek Preserve. A perimeter was established and some trailways were closed.
The Shasta County Bomb Squad responded and rendered the item safe. Investigators described the device as discarded personal property.
As the investigation continued, it was determined that the device had been taken from a residential burglary that had occurred earlier in the day.
UPDATE 11:21 a.m. - Friday, June 22, 2018 - Redding Police confirmed the "suspicious package" was actually an ammunition box. All trails in the preserve have been reopened at this time.
The item was rendered safe, and found to be discarded personal property. During this investigation, the item was determined to be property taken from a residential burglary, reported on today’s date.
UPDATE 10:45 a.m. Friday, June 22, 2018 - According to Redding Police administration, officers are still at the scene investigating the suspicious package. We had a reporter at the scene earlier, and he said some of the trails are now open and being used by joggers and walkers.
REDDING, Calif. - A suspicious package was found at the Clover Creek Preserve off of Shasta View Drive in Redding. Redding Police are asking people to avoid the trails at the preserve at this time.
This is a developing story. Please check here later for more information about the suspicious package.
- UPDATE: Bomb Squad Investigates Suspicious Package at Redding's Clover Creek Preserve
- Bomb squad responds to suspicious substance
- Butte County Bomb Squad Responds to Suspicious Device, Roads Reopened in Chico
- Suspicious Package Deemed Safe: Roadways Open
- Butte County Bomb Squad teaches elementary school students
- Suspicious package to Mnuchin turns out to be manure
- BCSO: Suspicious death investigation in Oroville
- Police investigating "suspicious death" in Chico
- UPDATE: Suspicious Death in Oak Run Identified
- Redding Death Investigation Underway