The Butte County Sheriff's Office is making it easier, and faster, to register for Concealed Carry Weapon licenses.
The Sheriff's Office says that starting July 2, you can skip a visit to the Oroville office to process your license online.
The new feature will allow users to apply online, 24 hours a day.
It will be available for first time concealed carry applicants, as well as current license holders seeking renewal.
First time applicants will still need to visit the Sheriff's Office to be finger printed and photographed.
This also does not impact the background check process carried out by the Department of Justice.
To learn more visit www.buttecounty.net/sheriffcoroner .
- BCSO to offer CCW license applications online
- BCSO Launches New Online Tool, "Citizen Rims"
- BCSO K-9 for Veterans Program
- BCSO: Suspicious death investigation in Oroville
- BCSO cancel pursuit with wanted felon
- BCSO: Deputy-involved Shooting, Suspect Killed
- BCSO: Lake Tahoe Man Arrested for Drugs
- BCSO: Camp Fire Missing Person List
- California opens online system to license new pot industry
- BCSO needs your help finding a missing Oroville man