UPDATE - The CHP says a woman from Orangevale died Sunday when her car collided head-on with a van full of five people, southwest of Williams.
According to CHP PIO Franco Castillo, officers were sent just after 12 p.m. to the intersection of Highway 16 and 20, near the Wilbur Springs Cal Fire Station.
Investigators say Barbara Newton, 52, of Orangevale was eastbound on Highway 20 east of Highway 16, driving a 2016 Ford fusion when she suddenly drifted to the right shoulder.
She then hit a guardrail causing her to lose control and hit head-on with a westbound 2006 Honda Odyssey, holding 5 people from the Stockton area.
Newton’s car then overturned within the westbound lanes of Highway 20, causing an unexpected closure from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
CHP says Newton died on scene.
The five people in the Honda van were Abel Martir, 44, Monica Martir, 43, Isaias Martir, 18, and two 15-year-old girls.
As of Sunday, Abel, the driver of the car is seriously hurt with major injuries, while Monica and one of the teenage girls are moderately injured. The two other passengers were not hurt.
Authorities do not know if drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash.
COLUSA COUNTY, Calif. - One person is dead Sunday after a head-on crash southwest of Williams left a total of six people injured, according to initial reports from CHP.
Authorities were sent just before 12:30 p.m. to the intersection of Highway 16 and 20, near the Cal Fire Wilbur Springs Station in Colusa County.
The crash caused Highway 20, just east of Highway 16, to completely close for more than an hour, from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m., said the CHP.
Two cars were involved in the crash, but no word yet what those type of vehicles were.
The identities and the conditions of the six victims, including the deceased, have not been released.
- Update: Orangevale Woman Dies in Colusa County Head-on Crash
- Willows Man Dies After Car Overturns on Glenn-Colusa Canal
- Two arrested for shooting near Colusa Casino
- Domestic violence shelter to be created in Colusa County
- Boy Trampled by Horse at Colusa County Parade
- Police Identify Body Found on McDermott Road in Colusa County
- Search for murder suspect in Colusa County, missing woman's body found
- Shasta County Woman Pleads Guilty to Fatal Head-On Crash
- Colusa Co. murder suspect, victims were all roommates, authorities say
- Colusa man pleads guilty to killing migratory birds