Photo Gallery 1 Images
BUTTE AND PLUMAS COUNTY, Calif.—Travelers driving on Highway 70 in the Feather River Canyon should be aware of intermittent highway closures.
The Poe Dam hydroelectric generating facility is located on the Feather River.
PG&E operates the facility and will be doing work on it through October.
PG&E is having Caltrans close Highway 70 a few times a day so that they can move equipment from the highway to the hydro-facility.
The hydroelectric facility is near the community of Pulga.
PG&E says the closures should be a minor inconvenience only lasting ten minutes at a time.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Highway 70 Intermittent Closures Through October
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- UPDATE: Funding Approved for Highway 70 Construction
- Explosion at power substation near Highway 99 and Highway 70
- Closure of Oro-Chico Highway for Construction
- Hotels Remain Packed After Thursdays Highway Closure
- Highway 70 partially blocked by semi-truck after crash
- Trailer catches fire on Highway 70, forcing lanes to close
- Highway 70 to be a stage for safety enforcement
- Traffic Alert: Highway 32 Closure Between Chico and Chester