OROVILLE, CALIF. - The man Chico police arrested following a crime spree in Chico, was arraigned at 3:00 Thursday afternoon.
Adam Parsons, of Paradise, did not enter a plea. He was appointed a public defender.
Parsons is facing 13 counts:
- 2nd degree robbery
- Five counts of assault on a citizen
- Two counts of assault on a peace officer
- Elder abuse
- Vehicle Theft (Dump Truck)
- DUI causing injury, great bodily injury, enhancement injury to more than one victim
- Hit and run
- Resisting an officer
If convicted on any of the assault counts, he could face up to life in prison, due to his four prior strikes.
In 1994 he had been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison, but was let out early in 2013 because of Proposition 36.
Parsons will be back in Butte County Superior Court on May 31st for further arraignment.
- Paradise Man Suspected of Chico Crime Spree Was in Court Thursday
- Chico Police Investigating Crime Spree
- Witnesses Recount Moments during Chico Crime Spree
- Redding Police arrest man after suspected crime spree
- Judge Decides if Chico Crime Spree Suspect is Competent for Trial
- Police arrest a man after a crime spree in Redding
- Paradise Elderly Man Found
- Chico Burned Woman Suspect in Court
- Paradise man's wrongful conviction overturned
- Premiere for ‘Rustic Rehab’ Starring Paradise Couple is Thursday