OROVILLE, Calif.—According to Oroville CHP shortly after 11 p.m. on Wednesday night they received a call from a driver who was pursuing their Ford F-350 which had been stolen from their home in Gridley.
Oroville CHP responded to the area and were guided to the stolen truck by the victim.
Officers tried making an enforcement stop on the stolen truck.
A pursuit ensued in the Gridley area and the suspect reached speeds up to 100 miles per hour.
A separate CHP unit positioned themselves ahead of the pursuit and successfully deployed a spike strip.
This caused the Ford F-350 to come to a stop on State Route 99.
The suspect was taken into custody without further incident.
The suspect was identified as Frank Charles Weiler III, age 43 from Magalia.
Weiler was arrested for multiple charges including, but not limited to auto theft, possession of a stolen vehicle, evading, DUI drugs, and possession of methamphetamine, possession of burglary tools, multiple warrants, and violation of probation.
Weiler has been identified as s suspect in at least three recent stolen vehicle cases where a Ford truck was stolen.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Police Arrest Suspect in Multiple Stolen Vehicle Cases
- Marysville Police arrest suspect in suspected child molestation case
- Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest and Stolen Vehicle Recovery
- POLICE: Multiple arrests in Oroville during ABC enforcement operation
- Truck stolen from Chico found in Magalia, suspect arrested
- Vehicle Crashes Into Multiple Homes on East Avenue
- Police: Karen Garcia murder suspect possibly driving stolen van
- Vehicle Burglary Suspects Flee Police in High-Speed Car Chase
- Redding Neighborhood Policing Unit make Stolen Property Arrest
- Police Arrest two for Possession of Stolen Property