RED BLUFF, Calif.-- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal rollover crash in Red Bluff.
The CHP says a it happened on State Route 99E south of Cone Grove Avenue at 12:50 a.m. Thursday morning.
They say a 21-year old man from Millville was driving a 1997 white, Dodge truck southbound on 99E.
They say the driver allowed the truck to drift off the west shoulder, over-corrected and hit a large walnut tree.
The vehicle rolled and came to a rest on its roof on the east shoulder. No other cars were involved.
The CHP says the driver died on scene. His identity has not yet been released. The CHP is investigating if alcohol may have been a factor.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Driver Killed in Early Morning Rollover Crash in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Rollover crash in Redding leaves one dead
- Man Killed, Child Survives Early Morning Crash
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff
- Red Bluff Little League Theft
- Update: Redding woman killed in solo vehicle rollover identified
- UPDATE: Two killed in early morning crash in Linda
- Ross will be opening in Red Bluff
- Pioneer Christmas Party in Red Bluff