SHASTA LAKE, Calif.—Shasta Marina on Shasta Lake is getting some fancy new houseboats just in time for the summer season.
The newest edition to the Shasta Marina fleet arrived Thursday at 3:30 in the morning.
It took crews about 12 hours to fully assemble the Summerset Houseboat and get it into the water.
The owner of the marina says it’s the newest and nicest boat you’ll see on the lake.
John Harkrader, owner of Shasta Marina said, “Most boats are 56'x15'. And we're allowed to have a certain amount of 16x65 footers now in the rental fleet. So we've put some together here for the lake and I can already tell you it's a hit already and they're booking up as fast as we can answer the phone.”
Shasta Marina hosted a special open house Friday afternoon and invited members of the public to check out the new houseboat.
The new houseboat can sleep 22 people.
Harkrader says he already has four more on their way to the lake.
He is also thinking of ordering more for next year.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- New House Boat on Shasta Lake Sleeps 22
- Man Struck by Boat Propeller While at Shasta Lake
- Firefighters Responding to House Fire in City of Shasta Lake
- Boating Safety Unit honored for Search and Rescue Efforts on Shasta Lake
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Hirz Fire impacts Shasta Lake Businesses
- Shasta Lake Shooting Leaves One Critically Injured
- Chico House Fire Damages Two Homes, Boat