Photo Gallery 2 Images
The American Cancer Society is hosting it's annual 'Relay for Life' in Chico this weekend.
Over a thousand people are expected to take part in this year's event. The 24-hour relay starts begins at 10 a.m. at Pleasant Valley High School.
Founded in 1985, the Relay for Life movement honors people affected by cancer as well as loved ones lost. Money raised goes towards research in finding a cure to cancer.
This year's event is sponsored by a number of north state businesses. They include Northstate Plastic Surgery, Windsor Chico Care Center, Riverside Point, Windsor Chico Creek, Care & Rehabilitation, North State Radiology, Enloe Medical Center and Adventist Health, and Feather River Hospital.
Those interested in participating can click here for more information, or call 1-800-227-2345.
- Annual 'Relay for Life' relay in Chico this weekend
- Relay for Life Comes to Chico
- Halloween Color Run for Relay for Life
- Chris Mulqueeny discusses upcoming Relay For Life in Chico
- Survivors gather at Relay for Life in Chico
- Butte County Relay for Life Hosting Two Cancer Survivor Receptions
- Cruisn' for a Cure is theme of Butte County Relay for Life
- Annual Chico Kite Day
- Chico's 37th Annual Celebration of the Life of MLK Jr. Held Sunday
- 8th Annual Shortz! Film Festival this weekend