Chico Calif.—Chico Firefighters responded quickly and contained a diesel spill in south Chico Wednesday morning.
According to firefighters just after 9 a.m. a leaky pick-up truck parked over a storm drain at the Whitemeier car dealership.
The fuel then moved upstream toward the Chico Unified School District school yard.
The Chico Unified School District school yard director John Carver noticed the fuel and called 911.
Alliance Environmental Services were called out to clean up the fuel out of the water.
Alliance Environmental Services are not sure how long it will take to clean up the fuel due to a variety of different factors.
They have to coordinate with the county, and are working against the weather.
Chico Fire wants to remind people to keep hazardous materials out of storm drains, because they all drain into our local waterways.
- Chico Fire Quickly Contains Diesel Spill
- Fire Crews Work Quickly to Extinguish Fire
- Residential Fire in Redding Quickly extinguished by Fire Crews
- Early Morning Garage Fire gets Knocked Out Quickly
- Vegetation Fire Quickly Knocked Down by Butte Co. Firefighters
- Concow Mobile Home Destroyed, Vegetation Fire Quickly Contained
- Concow Home Destroyed, Nearby Vegetation Contained Quickly
- Punctured Rail Car Dumps 200 Gallons of Diesel Fuel
- Butte Co. Haz Mat Team Responds to Oil Spill at Chico Gas Station
- Both Sides Speak About the Chico City Council Meeting that Quickly Went Haywire