A new technology being used by dignity health in Northern California sounds like something out of the future. They are using just a pair of glasses to take notes and pull up medical history in an exam but, that’s exactly what “Augmedix” does for these doctors. The program works of the “Glass” product by Google to revolutionize the way doctors’ visits are done.
How it works is the glasses link up wirelessly to a person in San Francisco at the Augmedix facility. That person acts as a scribe for these doctors and takes down notes. They also can pull up medical records on the tiny screen that only the doctor can see. The records are then saved in the system like any other medical record. This program is completely HIPAA compliant which means it complies with medical industry privacy standards.
This program has started to be used by dozens of doctors across the state in the dignity health systems. Doctor Son Dong of Dignity Health Medical Group says “it is useful because you get to look into a patients eyes and look at them instead of going back and forth between the computers.” The product is also seeing great results. Since Dr. Son Dong has started the program he has been able to increase the number of patients he sees daily from 16 to 25 and is also able to spend more of that time with one on one interaction.
Patients, we spoke too loved the program. Kory Marcuz said “our visits, they are more thorough... there is a record from previous visits if something has come up it's very helpful” and her daughters Sophia and Rylie also gave it their approval. Across California, dozens of doctors in the dignity health system have started using the program and Dignity Health hopes to start using more of them in every facility they have.
- New Technology Using a Pair of Glasses Revolutionizes Patient Care in Northern California
- Northern California Volcano Expert
- Northern California traffic alerts
- Northern California Regional Land Trust
- Northern California Ballet presents traditional Nutcracker
- Wildfire debris removal expands in northern California
- Wet weather returns to Northern California today
- More showers ahead for Northern California
- Major warming trend ahead for Northern California
- Spring-like weather ahead for Northern California