REDDING, Calif - Three men are behind bars after a Redding traffic stop on Saturday led officers to discover cocaine, a loaded firearm and a man who violated probation.
According to the Redding Police Department (RPD), just after midnight officers pulled over a van that was allegedly driving recklessly in the neighborhood of Park Subdivision.
Officers arrived at the intersection of Fell Street and Akard Avenue, where they found Ceddrick Proctor, 22, Adin Allen Garcia, 19 and Michael Anthonie Farnsworth, 20 all from Redding inside the vehicle.
During the traffic stop, Farnsworth tried to hide from police in the back of the van, but officers quickly conducted a vehicle search.
After a search of the vehicle, Garcia asked officers if he could grab his backpack from the back of the van, but moments later a corporal found a loaded firearm inside the bag, according to RPD.
Garcia is a known gang-member out of the Sacramento area and was on CDC Parole for weapons charges while Farnsworth previously had a loaded firearm inside his vehicle in a traffic stop last week and is also on active probation for weapons charges, according to RPD.
Garcia was charged with possession of a loaded firearm, but he told jail officials during the booking process that he had cocaine hidden on “his person,” which prompted officials to charge him with possession of cocaine.
Farnsworth was arrested for delaying an officer and for a probation violation, while Proctor was arrested for a parole violation.
- Three Redding men caught in a van with loaded firearm and drugs
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- Parolee Found Non-Responsive in Intersection with Narcotics and Loaded Firearms
- Man in Humboldt County arrested with drugs and loaded guns
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- NPU in Redding arrests man with 9 illegal firearms
- Two men allegedly caught tagging a billboard
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Two Men Enter Evacuated Area of Ono, 1 with Loaded Gun: SCSO