Caltrans officials have confirmed an employee from Oroville was injured while on the job in Truckee.
Action News Now has confirmed that Daniel Strang, of Oroville, is recovering in the Intensive Care Unit at a Reno Hospital this morning.
He's surrounded by his wife and three young children. Strang's mother-in-law tells Action News Now that he suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and a head injury in a Caltrans trailer.
A spokesman for Caltrans District Three, Steve Nelson, has confirmed with Action News Now that an accident did happen Tuesday, while Strang was on the job.
It happened at a chain control checkpoint along Interstate 80, near the Donner Lake Interchange, west of Truckee.
This is an area with a large amount of Caltrans crews working, due to dangerous weather conditions and heavy traffic heading towards Tahoe ski resorts.
Caltrans is conducting an internal investigation into the accident and will not release further details at this time.
Caltrans tells us they have set up an assistance fund in Strag's name. You can find the link to that fund by clicking here.
Stay with Action News Now as we continue to follow this developing story.
- Caltrans worker from Oroville injured on the job
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Caltrans Honors Those Lost on the Job
- CALTRANS Valley roadwork schedule
- Caltrans valley road work schedule December 3rd through December 9th
- Caltrans Making Changes to Avoid Wrong Way Accidents
- One Man Injured in Early Morning Oroville Stabbing
- Car catches fire, injures worker at local auto repair shop
- Winter driving tips from Caltrans this holiday and a snow chain demonstration
- Caltrans and Redding prepare for snow and rain from winter storm