A Yuba City woman whose dog was taken from Colusa Monday got her dog back, 24 hours later, after widespread social media posts.
Tori Stohlman says she was working at her business in Colusa, when her boxer puppy "Katy" wandered outside. She says she was about 300 feet away, inside the building, and didn't have her eyes on the dog.
Witnesses told her a man and a woman in a dark truck pulled up, and the woman jumped out, grabbed the dog, and they drove off.
Stohlman posted pictures to several websites, including 530 Cody Alert. Tuesday morning, a woman called Stohlman and said the dog looked a lot like the one her ex-husband had just gotten. Stohlman says after several back and forth texts and phone conversations, that man met her Tuesday at CVS Pharmacy on the Esplanade. He brought Katy with him. He had left her collar on, but had removed the tag with Stohlman’s address and cell phone number on it.
Stohlman said she was very grateful to everyone who shared her posts, and she said she will never let Katy wander off again. She is an animal advocate, and runs the Caring4Kittens cat rescue in Williams, California.
- Woman thanks 530 Cody Alert, community for returned puppy
- National Puppy Day
- '530 RUST Car Show' Coming to Orland Saturday
- Investigations continue in Concow puppy mill case
- Hikers Stumble Upon Abandoned Puppies in Kentucky
- Traffic Alert: Kennedy Avenue
- Rancho Tehama community calls for return to normalcy
- Butte County Animal Control shuts down Concow puppy mill
- First ever 'Puppy Bowl' held at Chico Animal Shelter
- Puppies found in illegal camp healthy and up for adoption