Photo Gallery 1 Images
Over a dozen small earthquakes rattled the East Bay Thursday night and into the early hours of Friday morning.
According to the USGS, 14 small quakes struck in the Danville area. The largest earthquake, a magnitude 3.5, struck around 5:30 a.m. There are no reports of any injuries or damage, but the shaking is impacting commute times. BART has reported a system-wide delay due to the seismic activity.
This is the second time this week that an earthquake swarm has hit the Danville area.
- Swarm of small earthquakes rattles the East Bay
- Earthquakes Rattle Humboldt County
- Swarm of nearly 100 small earthquakes shake south Reno
- 3.3 earthquake rattles North State communities
- Pair of earthquakes rattle San Jose area
- Large earthquake rattles Papua New Guinea
- White House chaos rattles markets
- Earthquake Concerns
- 6.4 quake rattles Southern California and Nevada