A Chico bar is warning it's customers to be aware of the "date rape" drug that is rumored to be circulating around city bars.
Joe's Bar posted the announcement on Facebook saying Enloe Medical Center has seen ten cases of people drugged with GHB in the last two months.
The post was posted on Wednesday and has hundreds of shares with people warning their friends.
Enloe officials have not been able to confirm the numbers and claims.
Joe's Bar has not had any incidents, but wanted to get ahead of the problem by warning customers.
The managers of both Joe's and Riley's both did not want to comment on camera about this.
No matter how many cases Enloe has seen this is a good reminder to everyone to be more aware when at a party or bar.
Don't take drinks from strangers and always have your eye on your drink.
Some of the symptoms of the GHB date rape drug are dizziness, nausea and vomiting, sweating, or even just feeling drunk without even drinking much alcohol.
If you are experiencing any of these you are advised to go to the hospital and if you see any suspicious activity, call the police immediately.
- Chico bar warns customers about date rape drug circulating at city bars
- Caught on Camera: Bar Owner Tases Customers
- Protecting yourself against date rape drugs
- Chico Police looking for Tea Bar vandalism suspect
- Chico Woman Behind Bars After Spitting on Cop
- Chico Police Arrest One Person For Shooting Outside of Downtown Chico Bar
- Thousands barred from owning guns in CA still have them
- Appeals Court Limits Scope of Law Barring Pot Prosecutions
- Neighboring Businesses Say Tea Bar Vandalism is No Surprise
- Reporters condemn White House decision to bar CNN's Acosta