Thinking about bringing a 12-course snack feast the next time you see a movie? Think again.
Cinemark, owner and operator of the Tinseltown in Chico, is banning large bags into all theatres beginning Thursday, Feb. 22.
The company announced on their website that bags larger than 12” x 12” x 6” will no longer be allowed in to the theatre, citing security concerns. The size allowed is equivalent to a medium tote bag.
The company did say that there are two exceptions: diaper bags and medical equipment bags will still be allowed.
Cinemark said they made the new rules to help keep movie-goers and employees safe.
The company added that they won't have a designated area for people to check bags, and they reserve the right to inspect bags and packages that enter their theaters.
- Cinemark: Large bags banned from movie theatres
- Tinseltown Cinemark Will Soon Sell Alcohol
- 90th Anniversary Celebration planned for Oroville State Theatre
- Large earthquake rattles Papua New Guinea
- Putt 4 Paws Tournament Draws Large Crowd
- Action News Now Movie Review: Justice League
- Action News Now Movie Review: Black Panther
- Redding movie theater looks to serve alcohol.
- Action News Now Movie Review: Deadpool 2
- CARD Movies in the Park Start Saturday