Update: All lanes of Highway 273 have been reopened.
Redding Police report a fatal vehicle versus pedestrian accident off Branstetter Lane and Highway 273. Police say it happened at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday evening. Based statements at the scene, a Hyundai Elantra was traveling northbound on Highway 273 when a pedestrian walked onto the highway and was struck. Police say the driver of the vehicle was wearing a seatbelt and did not suffer any injuries.
Drugs or alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash.
The identity of the pedestrian is being withheld until family is notified.
CalTrans reported a vehicle versus pedestrian accident off of Northbound CA State Highway 273 Tuesday evening.
Redding Police closed Highway 273 from Kenyon Drive to South Bonnyview Road.
There is no current estimated time for reopening but detours are available via Eastside and Westside Roads.
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Pedestrian killed by car on Highway 273
- Redding Police: Pedestrian Struck by Two Vehicles on Highway 273
- Victim identified in Deadly Highway 273 Crash
- Redding Man Charged with Murder after Shooting near Highway 273
- 2,300 Pounds of Trash Removed from Areas Near SR 273
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on I-5
- Car Catches Fire on Highway 99
- Chico Police Investigating after Pedestrian Hit by Car
- Motorcyclist Killed in Highway 70 Collision