Redding Police say they've arrested a man who threatened them with a water bottle, claiming it was a gun, before physically attacking them.
Redding Police say officers were on patrol in the area of the Lowe's on Cypress Avenue at around 7:40 p.m. That's when one of the officers observed Luke Salyers, 29, reportedly acting strange and talking to himself. When the officer approached him, police say Salyer made threats, saying he had a gun before talking off towards a wooded area.
Police say when other officer's arrived, Salyers charged at them, stating he had a gun. They say Salyers took a "shooting stance" with a water bottle visibly in his hand. They say an officer then tried to taser Salyers, but it was ineffective. Officers then tackled Salyers to the ground, where they say he continued to fight and punch officers.
Salyers was eventually taken into custody and booked into the Shasta County Jail for resisting and officer and assault on an officer. Both Salyers and an officer received minor injuries.
Redding Police say Salyer's criminal history includes an arrest on October 14th, 2016, for attempting to enter a secure area of the F.A.A. building at Redding Municipal Airport in order to get into the flight tower. The case was dismissed, and Salyer was released January 9th, 2017.
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Redding Police say suspect assaulted officers, K9 during arrest
- Redding man arrested after threatening a waste management employee
- Man Arrested for Threatening Boston Globe Employees
- Owner of Ponderosa Inn in Redding Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Red Bluff man arrested for 10 year sexual assault with juvenile
- Redding Man Arrested for Assault on Girlfriend, Stand-off With Deputies
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Oroville man arrested after sending threatening texts about mass shooting