Here's a story about 70 years of love. A Chico couple is celebrating an incredible milestone among their loved ones.
Donald and Hazel McClaskey were sweethearts at Chico High School. They married on December 27, 1947.
Donald has worked for the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds, a gas station, the Chico Gleaners, and even the Chico Fire Department.
Donna Doss, one of the couple's daughters added, "He was a volunteer firefighter. It was fine. We would listen to that plethora going off at night, run to it, and see where the fire was.
"I always stayed with everything," Donald said. "You what? I always stayed with everything," he continued as Hazel laughed.
They say the secret to a long marriage is to simply try.
These love birds have had four children since marrying, and when asked how many grandchildren they had, they said they weren't sure, because there were so many.
- Chico couple celebrates 70 years of marriage
- Chico Couple 101-Years-Old and 80 Years of Marriage
- Chico Jamaican Restaurant Celebrates 7 Years in Business
- US bomb defused in Germany after more than 70 years
- Highway 70 Heroes Recall Attempt to Save Couple in Deadly Crash
- Chico students celebrate National Pink Shirt Day
- International Women's Day celebration at Chico State
- National Ice Cream Day Celebrated in Chico
- Community Christmas Celebration in Chico Today
- Salvation Army celebrates new Chico center