Redding, Calif - A man has been arrested, after he threatened a friend with a replica air soft handgun when he was asked to return money that was owed, Friday evening.
This happened about 5:10 p.m., near the intersection of Greenfield Street and Gravel Plant Road in Redding.
According to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, Tyler Stone, 23, allegedly threatened his friend Spencer Mojarro, 23, to come to his residence on Gravel Plant Road with food and cigarettes.
Once Mojarro entered the residence with the requested items he asked Stone for the money he paid for the items.
Stone then pulled out a handgun and pointed it at Mojarro’s head, which then caused the suspect to run back to his vehicle and flee from the scene.
Mojarro contacted law enforcement about the issue and Shasta County Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the residence to discover the suspect attempting to flee the scene through the back door.
Stone was contacted by a waiting deputy and was taken into custody with no incident.
Deputies later recovered the weapon used by Stone and discovered that it was a replica air soft handgun, which has the same features as a real handgun.
Stone was booked into the Shasta County Jail for a single count of robbery, his bail is set at $75,000.
- ‘Friendly’ encounter turns into 'armed' robbery
- Anderson armed robbery suspect identified
- Armed robbery involving teenagers at Chico State
- Redding Police search for armed robbery suspect
- Two Arrested after Armed Robbery in Chico
- Chico Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspect
- Police Still Searching for Armed Robbery Suspects
- Chico Police Investigating Third Armed Robbery
- Chico Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Anderson police searching for armed robbery suspect