Chico, Calif - A 20-year-old Chico man has been arrested on charges of domestic violence and attempted kidnapping.
Chico police say they got the call at about 7:30 Friday morning.
There were first reports of a 16-year-old girl arguing with her boyfriend, 20-year-old Brandon Chin of Chico in front of Chico High School.
Police say Chin grabbed the girl and tried to drag her into his car.
The girl managed to get out of his reach and ran to the school campus.
Police say Chin fled, but the school's surveillance cameras caught it all.
Chin was found and arrested.
He’s charged with felony domestic violence, attempted kidnapping and violation of probation for another domestic violence offense.
The name of the teenage girl is not being released to the public due to her age.
- Chico man attempts to kidnap a teenage girl
- Attempted Kidnapping Victim Speaks
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Teenage boy sentenced for attempted murder of homeless man
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Armed robbery involving teenagers at Chico State
- Shasta County kidnapping suspects in court on attempted murder charges
- Oroville Mother Speaks Out About Attempted Kidnapping at Home
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case