Shasta County - Police were called to assist a medical call in the area of Park Marina Drive under the Cypress Avenue bridge for a mother and her 7 month old baby floating in the Sacramento River.
The mother and baby were found floating in the river by two fishing boats guided by Chris King of Redding and Darrin Deel of Chico.
Both King and Deel had clients with them when they found the mother and her baby.
When the baby was pulled from the water she was not breathing, and was extremly cold.
King's client David Meister from Livermore provided CPR to the baby and was able to revive her.
The 7 month old baby was transported to Mercy Medical Center where she was stabilized and then flown to U.C. Davis Medical Center.
She is expected to make a full recovery.
According to Police the mother Kathryn Marie Thompson 37 years old from Redding admitted to getting in the river and trying to cross with her 7 month old baby.
Thompson also admitted to knowing the dangers of her actions but was listening to voices in her head.
She was transported and booked into the Shasta County Jail for felony endangerment and attempted murder.
- Mother and 7 month old baby found floating in the Sacramento River in Redding
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Redding adds new patrols to enhance Sacramento River Trail safety
- Flooding concerns on the Sacramento River near Redding
- Woman's body found on island in Sacramento River
- Body Found Near Sacramento River Identified as Former Redding Chamber of Commerce CEO
- Sacramento River flooding closes RV park
- Fall River Brewing Raising Money to Rebuild Sacramento River Trail
- Redding Police Clean Thousands of Pounds of Trash Near Sacramento River
- Shasta County coroner identifies woman found dead on island in Sacramento River