Chico, Calif - A Chico minor has now been recovered in a nationwide FBI child trafficking bust.
84 minors were recovered and 120 traffickers were arrested in an effort to target underage human trafficking.
The recovery efforts were all a part of "Operation Country Eleven." This is the 11th time the FBI has conducted this type of operation.
Action News Now reached out to the FBI for more details on the Chico minor recovered last Friday, but the FBI said they will not release any information in order to protect the victim's privacy.
The operation took place in 55 FBI field offices and involved 78 state and local tasks forces.
Depending on the level of need, the FBI says victims are offered medical and mental health counseling.
And despite the rescue, the FBI tells Action News Now there is not a rise in underage human trafficking in Chico.
"The butte County Sheriff's Office and Chico Police Department collaborated with the FBI. It's not indicative of a particular threat in the area, it is a testament to the collaboration we are afforded in the region and combat this particular violation," said Gina Swankie, FBI Public Affairs Specialist.
The youngest victim recovered during this year's operation was 3 months old and the average age of victims was 15 years old.
If someone believes they are the victim of a trafficking situation or has information about a potential trafficking situation, they are urged to call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center (NHTRC) at 1-888-373-7888.
NHTRC is a national, toll-free hotline, with specialists available to answer calls from anywhere in the country, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year related to potential trafficking victims, suspicious behaviors, and/or locations where trafficking is suspected to occur.
For more information on the FBI operation: www.fbi.gov/news/stories/operation-cross-country-xi
- Chico minor recovered in major FBI child trafficking bust
- Coach Arrested for Human Trafficking of Minor
- Paradise Coach recovering after major surgeries
- Chico man charged with sextrafficking a minor
- Task Force Makes Two Major Drug Trafficking Arrests
- Busted water main slows traffic in Chico
- Semi-truck busts Chico fire hydrant
- Chico Nissan Hyundai Undergoing Major Renovations
- Chico Police K-9 Sniffs Major Drug Haul
- Ex-Oklahoma lawmaker pleads guilty to child sex trafficking